Hoopla is a streaming service that lets you instantly borrow eBooks, audiobooks, comics, music, movies & TV – 24/7 and FREE with your library card. Items are always available, so there’s no waiting! Items can be streamed or downloaded on a computer, Android, Apple, Roku, Amazon Fire or Chromecast device.
1. To use Hoopla on a computer, go to www.hoopladigital.com and click Get Started Today. To use it on a tablet or smartphone, download the free Hoopla app from your app store and sign up in the app.
2. Create your Hoopla account by completing the form.
3. Choose your library (Wadsworth Library, Geneseo, NY) from the populated list on the next page, or search by zip code, and then click Next.
4. Add your library card number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) on the next page and click Sign Me Up.
- If you don’t have a library card, apply for one at the library.
Once your library card has been successfully connected, you will be shown information about how your account works.
Items can be streamed and downloaded with the Hoopla app. Go to www.hoopladigital.com/help for specific device instructions.
Download the app for your device from your app store and log in with your Hoopla account, or create one.
- Each cardholder can borrow 8 items per month.
- Borrow limits reset on the 1st of each month.
- Most movies and TV episodes are available for 72 hours (3 days) from the time you borrow the title.
- Most music albums are available for 7 days.
- Most audiobooks, comics & eBooks are available for 21 days.
1. Use the Search bar to find titles or click Browse to browse through genres or browse categories.
2. Click or tap a title to see more information about it. Tap Borrow to view/read/listen to it now or tap the heart icon to add it to your Favorites list to borrow later.
My Hoopla features:
Access your My Hoopla account from the top left.
You can manage your personal profile details, see what’s currently borrowed and see your Favorites and History.
Items can be renewed before they are due. Renewing an item will use one of your remaining borrows for the month.
You can return a title by clicking the Return Now button located at the bottom of the title or on the title info page.
Returning items early does not give you additional borrows for the month.